Chevron

Sunday, February 22, 2015

2015-2-2 Repentance a change of mind and heart.

MUCHA AGUA!!!!  this week!!!

In Guyamas to renew our visas

There was so much rain this week!!!But yeah...Rain + dirt = MUD!!! 
lots and lots of mud...everywhere. haha.

Ummm.... this week was...a week.  I'm glad it's over and I'm ready to start a new one. The end.

hahaha...okay. It's true that obedience brings blessings and happiness (Mosiah 2:41).  I learned that from both sides this week.
Granted, we weren't super disobedient, but we weren't as anxiously engaged in a good cause 100% of the time and didn't reach our goals and yeah. It doesn't feel good :( Sad face.

But I am grateful for this opportunity to learn from my mistakes and try again. And again. And again :) This is why the Atonement is just the greatest thing ever!!!!!  Moroni 6:8 But as oft as they repented and sought forgiveness, with real intent, they were forgiven.

I know what the scripture says is true! Super true!!! As oft as we repent we will be forgiven! But, it's important to remember what repentance is. It is not just a simple ''I'm sorry'' and all is good and fine. ''Repentance is more than simply acknowledging wrongdoings. It is a change of mind and heart. It includes turning away from sin and turning to God for forgiveness. It is motivated by love for God and the sincere desire to obey His commandments.''   As oft as we try and turn away from our sins and our mistakes and have a change of mind and heart, He will forgive us!! I am super grateful for that promise. And as DyC 58:31 says  Who am I, saith the Lord, that have promised and have not fulfilled? 

Anywho...there's a tiny message for ya'll.

Updates.
Osmara is doing well...ish. We had a super great lesson with her yesterday. We watched that little video of the mercy and justice and the guy that was in debt and couldn't pay for himself...but that's when his Jesus, steps in and says that he will pay the debt if we accept him as our creditor. I LOVE that video. It is soooo great!!!  And Osmara liked it too. She told us she needs to be baptized...but when we tried to get her to accept 14 de febrero...she said NO!!!!! We both could not believe it!!!!!!!!!!! But we are praying super hard and fasted and I really do think that she will be baptized that day. She is super ready and God is ready for her :)

Other than Osmara, we don't have anyone progressing really fast. But we did find this father that is SUPER nice and his 2 sons and his wife and they are just great and he read the pamphlet and the intro to the Book of Mormon and has A LOT of potencial!!! So yeah. We are happy.

I really do love my companion.  We have a lot of good times together. And I am super grateful that she is patient with me. I am soooooooo imperfect. A lot.
I read this from the talk Pres. Uchtdorf gave this past conference. LOVE LOVE LOVE
''The Church is a home for all to come together, regardless of the depth or the height of our testimony. I know of no sign on the doors of our meetinghouses that says, “Your testimony must be this tall to enter.”

The Church is not just for perfect people, but it is for all to “come unto Christ, and be perfected in him.”  The Church is for people like you and me. The Church is a place of welcoming and nurturing, not of separating or criticizing. It is a place where we reach out to encourage, uplift, and sustain one another as we pursue our individual search for divine truth.''

I KNOW that as we come unto Christ, we will become perfected in Him. No importa if you are the Relief Society president, or on the break the fast committee. If you read your scriptures every day or don't have a testimony of the Book of Mormon yet. EVERYBODY needs Christ. Erabody.
He is the ONLY way. He LOVES us so much. A lot. :) Let us not wait to come unto him tomorrow, or in a week, or when we don't have stress and problems and school and kids and debt etc. Come unto Christ TODAY!! And you'll be happy you did. I guarantee it :) (hahah feel like a mr. mack commercial...lol)

I love you all so much!!! For reals. Love love love love love love love love love all of you!!!
Be good and remember that everybody around you is a child of God.
Remember, then treat them like one :)

Love,
Hna.Cook

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv,
hermana cook..

No comments:

Post a Comment