Chevron

Sunday, February 22, 2015

2014-12-8 Obedience matters

Hola hola hola wonderful family and wonderful friends!!!
How was your week?  Did you love the Christmas devotional or did you love love love the devotional??

So this week was fun.
I got to go up to Obregon on Tuesday for a leadership thing. Wow. I met like a bunch of future apostles!!  I know everyone says this...but I'm no liar...My mission is the BEST mission ever!!! Mexico Cuidad Obregon!!

On Friday, I got to give a....capacitacion...um...a talk thing...for the zone meeting. SUPER SCARY!! And I talked way longer than I thought I would. I don't know if anyone of those missionaries understood what I was saying...but I got a lot out of studying it :)  Obedience :)  AND of how our faithfulness effects others...
Alma 4:9-11 compared with Helaman
9 And thus, in this eighth year of the reign of the judges, there began to be great contentions among the people of the church; yea, there were envyings, and strife, and malice, and persecutions, and pride, even to exceed the pride of those who did not belong to the church of God. 
10 And thus ended the eighth year of the reign of the judges; and the wickedness of the church was a great stumbling-block to those who did not belong to the church; and thus the church began to fail in its progress. 
11 And it came to pass in the commencement of the ninth year, Alma saw the wickedness of the church, and he saw also that the example of the church began to lead those who were unbelievers on from one piece of iniquity to another, thus bringing on the destruction of the people.

Now compared with Helaman 13:12-14
12 Yea, wo unto this great city of Zarahemla; for behold, it is because of those who are righteous that it is saved; yea, wo unto this great city, for I perceive, saith the Lord, that there are many, yea, even the more part of this great city, that will harden their hearts against me, saith the Lord.
13 But blessed are they who will repent, for them will I spare. But behold, if it were not for the righteous who are in this great city, behold, I would cause that fire should come down out of heaven and destroy it. 
14 But behold, it is for the righteous’ sake that it is spared. But behold, the time cometh, saith the Lord, that when ye shall cast out the righteous from among you, then shall ye be ripe for destruction; yea, wo be unto this great city, because of the wickedness and abominations which are in her.

Entonces....does our obedience matter? You better believe it!!!
So...the moral of this story is...
BE OBEDIENT AND LIVE RIGHTEOUSLY SO THAT WE DON'T GET DESTROYED!! And so that you can receive blessings and really...it's the only way to live happily :)

Anywho, so this week was still not very productive...my comp was still recovering from Dengue...but now she is back to normal and we are ready ready ready to find those golden nuggets!

Yesterday we found one!! She is the granddaughter of this lady we are teaching! She is soooo cute!! She only has 13 years but she is sooo mature!! We shared the ''He is the Gift" video and she loved it! And she told us that she felt ''an energy'' when she was praying with us...SO CUTE!!! Se llama Osmara Martinez! She's the best!


Oh, and one of less active members that we've only taught once came to church again!!! She is soooo great and her baby is THE CUTEST baby every...imma totally taking her home with me...or at least a picture of her. SO CUTE!!

Anyway. Got to go, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE you all!!
Thanks for your prayers, emails, examples, and good deeds!!
Can't wait to talk to you at Christmas!!!!!!
I love our Savior and I am so grateful for Him and his love for us!
Accept His love...and then SHARE

No comments:

Post a Comment