Chevron

Sunday, February 22, 2015

2014-12-29 "He is the Gift" & the Book of Mormon brings miracles

Me playing with a cute niña before the ward Christmas party.

Me &Hermana Siza with our investigador...Carlos Ozua...aka Santa Clause!!

Feliz navidad, feliz nuevo año, feliz vida, feliz cumpleaños, SEA FELIZ! :)bueno...where was I?
oh yeah...FELIZ!!!

I hope you are all having a happy wonderful time wherever you are!!
I received so many inspiring emails these past 2 weeks that I just feel super duper happy right now!! And they all had to do with the Gospel!! Coincidence? I think NOT!! hahaha

With the ''He is the Gift'' that we as missionaries were sharing all of this month, I got to bear my testimony so many times of how Jesus is the real Christmas. He is our happiness. He is the gift that NEVER stops giving. It was truly an amazing experience! I love our Savior Jesus Christ and I know he loves each and everyone of us!

Also, This past week, we have watched ''How to Find Faith in Christ'' with a lot of our investigadores and less active members. And the results were amazing. I LOVE that movie so much, but I really love the spirit that accompanies it! Our Savior Jesus Christ truly was a man of miracles. He truly went about healing the sick, causing the blind to see, raising the dead. And he did it all because He LOVES US!!! Love love love. I feel soooo grateful to be here and give....because I have been given much!! SO MUCH!!! I just want to cry..it's fine.

Anywho...skyping with the fam...greatest thing ever!!! I LOVE laughing with all of you! It is so great. And it was SUCH a surprise to see my dear darling Aubrey-pooh!! And Lizzie too!!! Wow wow wow, Christmas miracles :)



Well, because I didn't have time to write you the week before....I have a lot to tell ya'll...
but there is a catch...I don't remember diddly-squat!! Oops.
Sorry. But...I will try and relate a couple of things that are on my mind.

Cerila. 
I honestly can't remember what I have told you about her. So forgive me if I repeat erathang you know about her...(but..where's the harm in learning about one of our spirit sisters?)
Cerila is a fragile old woman of 70ish years. She has a TON of health problems and talks SO MUCH!!! When we first started teaching her and her husband, Jesus Antonio, they did not understand ANYTHING!! We tried teaching the restoration as basic as we could...like on a five year old level...and yeah. They didn't remember and understand nada. So frustrating. They said they liked to listen to our message, but Cerila said she wouldn't get baptized because she was scared... So we dropped them. It was super sad because they are super cute.
WELL...a couple of weeks later we dropped in to say "hi". LONG story short...she said she had been praying that we would come and visit them. And then she ended up telling us why she was scared to get baptized. Wow wow wow. What miracles. So then we started teaching them again. But the same old thing happened. They were still scared to commit to baptism and still didn't understand hardly anything.
So one day, as we were about to drop them again, we decided to leave them with a Book of Mormon. We didn't know if it was the right thing to do....they didn't even understand the pamphlets...so how could they ever understand the Book of Mormon??? Well...we left them one anyway.
and....MIRACLE!!!  Cerila understood E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.   EVERYTHING!!!!
She had all the power verses marked marked marked. She told us how it applied to her and her situation and in her prayer she thanked God for the Book of Mormon because she knows it's true.
WHHHHAAAAAAATTT?!?!?!
How can a woman that doesn't understand the simple pamphlets with pictures understand scripture language?!?!
The Holy Ghost and miracles. That's how.
And ever since then, she has understood everything we have been teaching her.
AND she accepted a date to be baptized!!! And her husband!!! (thanks 2 Nephi 31) If we have a hard time teaching a principle, if we give her a chapter in the Book of Mormon to read that teaches about the principle, she will read it and understand it. Amazing. It is truly so so  so wonderful and amazing and humbling.
This experience has truly humbled me and my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know that reading the Book of Mormon will bring miracles into our lives!!! It truly contains the fullness of the gospel of our Savior, Jesus Christ. And I love what Nefi says:
1 Nephi. 6:4-6
For the fullness of mine intent is that I may persuade men to come unto the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, and be saved. Wherefore, the things which are pleasing unto the world I do not write, but the things which are pleasing unto God and unto those who are not of the    world. Wherefore, I shall give commandment unto my seed, that they shall not occupy these plates with things which are not of worth unto the children of men.

This book truly inspires us to come unto Christ and become perfect in Him, to do good like Him, and be saved through Him. Wherever you are, whoever you are, whatever troubles and hardships you have had, no matter if you think you're smart or dumb, fast or slow, pretty or less pretty (there are no ugly people), popular or you seem invisible, active or less active, happy or heartbroken, this book is for you!!!  Read it and let it change your life. And then change the lives of others. 

I am so so so so so grateful for our Loving Heavenly Father. Grateful that He loves us and will ALWAYS love us. Because He loves us and wants us to return, He sent his Son!!! His baby, His pride and joy, His only begotten. His only begotten Son to show us the way, and then provide the way. The Book of Mormon, along with the Holy Bible, is how we can know more about our loving
Father in Heaven and Savior, Jesus Christ, and how we can live with them forever.

Read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ THIS BOOK!!!!

And then pray to know it's true :)
I know it is and I know that our Loving Heavenly Father will let you know too :)
Just do it...era day!!!

I love you all so much!!!
I know this Church is true :)
Know it, live it, LOVE IT!!

Until next time...and until I remember... :)

Love love love love love your,
Hermana Cook :)

No comments:

Post a Comment