Chevron

Friday, February 13, 2015

2014-5-12 ‘Consider the Lilies of the Field'

Long time no see, family!! haha
But really, it was SO good to be able to Skype with you guys!!
Such a great blessing to have such a great family. The best family to be exact ;)

Anyway...I'm not really sure what to say now...

Um...I guess I could tell you more about how grateful I am for the AMAZING people here.
Seriously. I have never been around more loving and generous people. The members here help us with SO much.

Like I was telling you over skype, my companion "needed" to go to the hospital...but it's waaaaay far and she couldn't walk without feeling dizzy. Well who do we call? Every body is in church..and it's ward conference?? Long story short, when the Elders called to see how we were doing, one of the sisters in the ward took the phone and told us not to worry and that she'd be there in 10 minutes. And she was along with another Hermana in the ward. They took us to the hospital and stayed with us and it was SUCH a blessing. Then they drove us back, had some Hermanos give my companion a blessing etc. They are so sweet. And Caro (she is one of the bishop's daughters) told us not to EVER hesitate to call if we ever needed anything. No vergüenza. Angels angels angels!!

Also...food.
Fact--The members feed us every day. Check.
Fact--Mexico is not like Utah where there are a bagillion members that you can rotate for food.
We eat with some of the same members every 2 weeks...mas o menos.
Fact--people are not super duper rich here.
Entonces...these members are sacrificing SO much for us missionaries. So much!! I am so so so so so so amazed and grateful of how giving and loving they are.

I am constantly in awe and in shock of how well the Lord takes care of his missionaries.
Being around myself and other missionaries daily...I know that most times...we don't deserve it. But I am SO grateful that He blesses us anyway. He is so great!! He's perfect..actually ;)

3 Nephi 13:
28  And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin;
29  And yet I say unto you, that even Solomon, in all his glory, was not arrayed like one of these.
30  Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith.
31  Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32  For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

Anywho...yeah. I really am so blessed. So much. A lot.

Count your many blessings!!
For reals...do it.

Love you all so much!!

Love, Hermana Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment