Chevron

Thursday, February 19, 2015

2014-6-24 "Miracles" Gracias a Dios

What!?!?!
Not only is the year half over...but I just hit my 6 months!!! How is this possible??
Pretty sure it's not. I have 1 year minus 1 day left. Cray cray.


This week had it's ups and down...like every week..but it ended with an up. "Gracias a Dios"

Let us begin.
P-day was P-day. Gracias for the emails!!! LOVE love love to read about life and spiritual things. It's amazing how perfect God is. He has a bagillion niños and can keep track of all of them at the same time.

Tuesday!
Wow, had such a great surprise! During our district meeting, while my comp and I were sharing our datas of the week, who else would walk in but my long lost friend and zone leader, E.Gutierrez!! But...pobrecito (poor). He was really really sick the past week and was in the hospital for 3 days. Since the hospital is in our area, he decided to join our district meeting! So great. He gave everyone SUCH great advice and yeah. I feel muchas ganas (looking forward) all over again! Gracias a Dios.

But then our day went a little bit down. Remember Graciela from last week? Yeah...she unaccepted her fecha :P And since she is kinda old...she is really really hard to reason with. So even though she accepted once...she decided to wait. But still wants to hear more. Satanás...such a big bully.

So we left her house and I was not happy, bob. Not happy. But the Lord loves me and wanted me to be happy again :)After the lesson with Graciela, we went to visit Octavio (15) who is a recent convert of 2 weeks :) He was not there...but his younger brother, Joel (12) was.
We had talked about teaching Joel, but Hna. Lopez said that he wasn't really interested.
So as we are sitting there, chatting with Joel, out of the blue he says "I want you guys to teach me so that I can be baptized." ...Say whaaaaattt!?!?  Uuummm...yeah. He is an angel. So so so so cute. He looks like he's 10..or 9..or 8..but yeah. Angel Angel Angel.
The only problem with this angel is his aunt. She thinks he is too young to decide for himself...but she's wrong. He is sooo ready. Yup. Love that kid. Gracias a Dios.
Octavio and Joel his brother


(little side note. Octavio and Joel are/were Jewish!!! Crazy crazy. They know Hebrew and everything. Super cool. That's actually why they're living with their grandma and aunt. Their parents were SUPER mad that Octavio got baptized..but Octavio knows it's true. He is an amazing kid!!)

Wednesday...6 months...wow. Comp was super sweet and made me a poster :)

Thursday.
Hospital day. 3 of 4 companionships of hermanas in the zone were at the hospital..at the same time. Crazy crazy. My comp had a lot of pain in her back. Turns out she has minor scoliosis, Hna. Lindsley just was sick...but Hna. Skeen...something`s wrong with her blood...so yeah. We'll find out soon what is wrong. But yeah. Not our most productive day. But super fun to see my buddies!! Gracias a Dios.


Friday...hospital again.
Turns out as long as Hna. Lopez exercies and drinks lots of water she'll be fine...or so says the doc and Hna. Munive..hahaha (Hna.Munive...if you have a problem or sickness of any kind, 99/100, she'll tell you it can be fixed with drinking more water...)

Saturday. Even though it was a late start...it was our most productive day! 6 lessons!! (yeah..maybe that is not very high..but for us it was a lot! Baby steps).

SUNDAY!!!
Lots and lots of good things about Sunday. It was ward conference! So so so perfect for my soul. My spirits were not very high. At all. But once again, God gave me all the things I needed to renew my spirits. A friendly face from Guasave, an investigator at church, a menos activo at church, and EVERY single talk about missionary work!! Seriously. I was in tears. It was everything I needed.
GRACIAS A DIOS!!!

This is one thing I love about Mexico. "Gracias a Dios"  They say that every time you ask them a question. No matter if they are happy or sad, sick or healthy, rich or poor. Siempre gracias a Dios.

Anywho...yeah. I am blessed. I wish I didn't have so many ups and downs, but it's amazing how loving Heavenly Father always always always is there. Always. Don't forget him. And even if you do, He won't forget you. Never.

Love ya'll!!
AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIPS ON WORKING WITH MEMBERS AND GETTING INVESTIGATORS IN THE CAPILLA!!!! IF YOU HAVE MORE TIPS, SENDUM MY WAY!!!) LOVE YA AND GRACIAS A DIOS!!

Love,
Hna.Cook


No comments:

Post a Comment