Chevron

Sunday, February 22, 2015

2014-12-1 Él es la DÁDIVA? He is the Gift...“Open my mouth”

Christmas time is here and our wonderful true church is making time count!!!
I LOVE OUR CHURCH!!! navidad.mormon.org o christmas.mormon.org
Pretty sure the second coming is getting closer because...''because I know that'' (I know Emmy will get that reference :) But yeah. I LOVE how the church is doing all they can to get this wonderful message out there!! My favorite part of the video is that is says ''accept the gift.'' How do we accept the gift? THE RESTORED GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST!!! If we want to have the fullness of the Gift our Padre Celestial has given us, we need to accept the fullness of His gospel!!!! Wow...our Heavenly Father loves us!! SO MUCH!!

One of his beloved sons, Salvador Flores Hernandez, accepted this amazing gift on Saturday! Our golden investigador, Salvador (what a wonderful name) got baptized!!! It was sooo beautiful!! He is so great. He shared his testimony about how before we started teaching him, he didn't want to live anymore. So he called us his ''angels'' that were sent to save him. SO SWEET!!! He is going to be such a strong strong member! So so so so grateful for the opportunity to teach him! His faith and desire to change was incredible. Wow! I have a testimony that God is preparing the hearts and minds of his children!!

Salvador Flores Hernandez accepted the 'gift'.

He is the coolest. He bought a white shirt and tie but hasn't worn it to church because he is waiting until after his baptism!! It's so great. He is going to be such a great great member!!! He really is a blessing and an example in my life.

AND other good news!!! My investigador in Centro, Pablo, got himself baptized!!!!! Wahoo!!!
What a great great great reminder to me of the importance to open my mouth!! I remember contacting him, super nervous, afraid to ask for his address, then when we contacted him, I was nervous to invite him to baptism etc. BUT he accepted!!! Wow!! What a great feeling. I LOVE this gospel, our Savior, this priceless gift that our Loving Heavenly Father has given us!! Wow wow wow!

And other news.....this Thanksgiving I got to spend 3 hours in the hospital with my companion!
I CUT MY HAND OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  bahaha...not.
And my companion tampoco (not either).
BUUUT...it was because my companion has DENGUE!!!  It's a sickness that you get from those triste mosquitos!! I think it's similar to west nile...but not sure. So yeah...it was super sad. She was in a lot of pain. And her red blood cells are super low...pobrecita. I hate it when I can't help people with their pain. She's actually still sick...we went to the hospital today and her blood levels are still dropping...so I guess we'll see what happens.

But it was such a blessing to see how many members helped us!!! We have enough fruit to last us a year!! These members are so great!!! Sooooo grateful to be apart of a church that we call each other brother and sister. What a great family we have!!!

Um....well I think that sums up my week....not. But that is all I have time for :)
I love you guys so much!!!

Oh, and I was reading Ether this week and I just LOVED all of it.
And especially Ether 2
22 And he cried again unto the Lord saying: O Lord, behold I have done even as thou hast commanded me; and I have prepared the vessels for my people, and behold there is no light in them. Behold,O Lord, wilt thou suffer that we shall cross this great water in darkness? (and the lord said) 
24 For behold, ye shall be as a whale in the midst of the sea; for the mountain waves shall dash upon you. Nevertheless, I will bring you up again out of the depths of the sea; for the winds have gone forth out of my mouth, and also the rains and the floods have I sent forth.

Umm...pretty sure that this is a simile for our lives!!! We are like a whale...the waves dashing upon us,  BUT like the Jaredites, God will bring us up out of the depths of the sea!! And what will be our light???
John.8:12  ¶Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
XxooxxxXXoooOOOXoXOOXxxx (big kiss little kiss, little hug little hug little hug, kiss kiss kiss...hahahaha)

Love,
Hermana Cook

The sweet members that took us to the hospital today!! They took us, waited with us, then waited for us!! LOVE THE FAMILIA CAMACHO TRUJILLO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment