Chevron

Saturday, February 21, 2015

2014-9-8 Agents or Objects


Once again it's Monday...time to write...and I can't remember a thing that happened in the week past. uuummm... ouch. My brain hurts from thinking so hard!!!

Okay...not really. But sort of. Well...I was actually really frustrated this week.
With everything. I know that frustration is bad. "Frustration leads to hate and hate leads to anger and anger leads to the dark side" (Star Wars)...and we all know that darkness is not light...and Jesus is light...so yeah. No bueno.

Reasons for frustration...
-José dropped us :'( It's a really long story. But yeah. It was super sad. I've shed a lot of tears for that man. )
-People. AAAHH!!!! I understand 2 Nephi 33:1 a whole lot better now.. "...for when a man speaketh by the power of the Holy Ghost the power of the Holy Ghost carrieth it unto the hearts of the children of men."
Unto. Not into. We taught so many lessons this week where the spirit was bien fuerte!! Yeah. One visit this week I was bearing my testimony of the Book of Mormon and BAM! The waters of Mormon...on my face!! But yeah...we were rejected. And then this other lady accepted a fecha and everything. She loves what we are teaching and agrees with all of it. But when it comes to switching religions...yeah. They don't like to talk about that very much. At all.  People...aaahhhh!!!!
-My stomach. It's starting to hate me in the morning.

Anywho. I was super frustrated this week.  And it was my least productive week.
Coincidence!?!? I think not.
Well long story short. 2 Nephi 2:13-14 helped me a lot. And so did this talk by Elder Bednar "And nothing shall offend them."
Here's a snippit that is fantastic...
In the grand division of all of God’s creations, there are things to act and things to be acted upon (see 2 Nephi 2:1314). As sons and daughters ofour Heavenly Father, we have been blessed with the gift of moral agency,the capacity for independent action and choice. Endowed with agency,you and I are agents, and we primarily are to act and not just be acted upon. To believe that someone or something can make us feel offended,angry, hurt, or bitter diminishes our moral agency and transforms us intoobjects to be acted upon. As agents, however, you and I have the powerto act and to choose how we will respond to an offensive or hurtful situation.

So yeah. Was it wrong of me to have such a bad attitude this week?
Absolutely yes! I feel really bad about it now...but poco a poco I'm learning. Muuuuuy poco...but a little is better than nothing. "Baby steps" (What about Bob...or Mosiah 4:27..I've heard it both ways).

Well I gotta go :(  But God be with you until we meet again...or until I can write you next week :)

Love you so much!!! Ferever en ever (to be said with a hick accent)

Hna.Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment