Chevron

Sunday, February 22, 2015

2015-1-5 Listen to the Spirit

Wow..2015!!!  How did that even happen?  No sé Jose!! hahaha

I spent the New Year writing a...talk thing...for the zone conference.
I don't like late nights...but I LOVE studying the scriptures and Preach My Gospel and the words of prophets. Que padre :) AND I had such a great experience with the spirit.
So all that night I was writing my talk. Went to bed...and then in the morning, as I was practicing what I was going to say in my head, I felt that I should change the focus of my talk....ay no!! It was hard enough getting what I was going to say out of my head in the first place, there is no way I can change it last minute!!! Nope nope nope....
okay...fine.  So as I am brushing my teeth and doing my hair I was frantically looking up scriptures and reading a super awesome talk. On the way to the church, I was trying to scramble through my crazy thoughts. No bueno.
Well....as the other 3 people are giving their talks, the Elder that spoke before me gave his presentation and all was good and great...but then...he started talking about what I had been assigned to talk about!!! Or better....he was talking about what I had originally planned to talk about! But....remember who felt impressed to change the subject at the last minute...me!!! This stressed out missionary!!! I felt SO relieved!!!  You have no idea. I gave my talk and yeah. It wasn't the same as what the Elder had just given!!! Wahoo for the spirit and trying to follow it!!!

What else came to pass this week...Oh...today we had transfers :(
My baby Siza fled to Mochis and I am here with my new companion, Hna. Rojas.
She is my 4th companion from Mexico City. Mexico city is the Utah of the United States. She is super great and I am looking forward to working with her and finding people to baptize and confirm!!
Hermana Rojas...my new companion


Oh...and some CRAZY AWESOME things....the new youth theme..."EMBARK"..is super cool.
The video is super cool too!! And what is SUPER DUPER COOL is that my dear Hna. Lindsley is in it!!!!  She is the super gorgeous hermana that receives her mission call!!!! https://www.lds.org/church/news/new-2015-mutual-theme-songs-videos-encourage-youth-to-serve?cid=HPMO122914592&lang=eng
so now you can all watch it and see the wonderful hna. Lindsley receive her mission call to the Mexico Ciudad Obregon Mission!!!! Wahoo!!!
The now famous Hermana Lindsley
Other than that...nothing much happened this week...there was nobody in the streets this week. All were drunk and sleeping. So that was fun...ish. Oh...and my heart got broken :(
As we were teaching Cerila and Osmara on Saturday...my companion and I both got a feeling that they aren't going to progress...right now...SO SAD!!! I really have never cried so hard for investigators :'( They are so great...I am hoping and praying that they will be able to make those covenants with our Father!!! .... :'(

BUT...faith in every footstep!! I have seen time and time again that God is preparing people everywhere! Just need to get the courage to find them.

DyC 128:19, 22!!!!
19 Now, what do we hear in the gospel which we have received? A voice of gladness! A voice of mercy from heaven; and a voice of truth out of the earth; glad tidings for the dead; a voice of gladness for the living and the dead; glad tidings of great joy. How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that bring glad tidings of good things, and that say unto Zion: Behold, thy God reigneth! As the dews of Carmel, so shall the knowledge of God descend upon them!
  22 Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad. Let the earth break forth into singing. Let the dead speak forth anthems of eternal praise to the King Immanuel, who hath ordained, before the world was, that which would enable us to redeem them out of their prison; for the prisoners shall go free.

LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Happy New Year and make super great goals for this year!!!
Love,
Hna.Cook

Hna. Eva! We go to pick her up every Sunday in her wheelchair!! She is SO diligent in going to church!!! She has so many health problems, but she always always comes to church!!
Love her faith!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment