Chevron

Thursday, June 18, 2015

2015-6-15 “The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh, Blessed be the name of the Lord."

The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh, Blessed be the name of the Lord. Job 1:21
(and then he gives it back...takes it back...but in the end he gives it back again! or at least I hope so...;) jajaja that about describes my week. Taking and giving. 

Maria Antonia y Aron. After I wrote ya´ll last week, we go to visit Maria Antonia. 
Bad news badgers. Her husband was super drunk...I think she was too...and she told us that her mom wasn't going to let Aron get baptized (because he lives with her mom...and not her...it's a weird situation) We were both SUPER stunned. HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN!?!??! She told us to come back the next day. So we did. 
Next day (Tuesday) She told us lots and lots of bad news. And she told us how awful her husband is. For reals, I wanted to cry. I just can't believe how awful human beings can be. After we left her house, I lost it. I was crying like a baby. I could not believe that she wouldn't be able to get baptized!! I was very upset, thinking what I could have done differently, or what did I do wrong. It was a hard day. What hurt really bad is knowing that I will be coming home in a week to family and friends that love me, people that live the gospel, a house, food, etc. and she would still be here suffering. It hurt me to the core. 

We went back on Thursday. Things have changed again. She definitely wants to leave her husband, and her mom said that she could stay in her house!! AND...we talked to her mom (who loves us) and she said that Aron could get baptized too!!! It was seriously a crazy week. Real real crazy. I felt bad afterwards for having so little faith...but I have repented and learned from my mistakes. :) Progression. 

So...unless things change again...Maria Antonia y Aron will be getting baptized this Saturday!!! SO BLESSED!!!!
Maria Antonia, Aron, neice, & Carolina

Other quick news. Maria de Jesus and Pablo...aren't gonna be getting baptized...this week.
BUT...they definitely will be getting baptized!!!!!!!! Pablo knows the church is true. He told a member the other day that he feels like he wants to cry when he is at church because he feels so much peace and happiness. I can't even begin to tell you how happy and blessed we have been to be teaching these people. I feel like they are my children!!! Love these people. So although I won´t be able to be here to see them get baptized, I want to come back in a year to see them get sealed!!! I know that they will go there someday!! (and crazy side note miracle. The same time that we started teaching them, there son and his family in Mexicali started listening to the missionaries. The also love the church and I think the are also gonna get baptized!! Wow...the lord and his timing. It's perfect.)

Anyway...this week went by super duper fast and was filled with lots and lots of blessings. 
The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord. Job 1:21

Okay...now for the goodbye...When I made the decision to serve a mission, I thought I was taking a year off from school; taking time off from work; taking time off from family and friends..movies...haha...
TAKING my time and GIVING it to the Lord. JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!!!!!!!
I know now that really, when I thought God was "taking my time", He was actually always GIVING. Always. When I missed the wedding of my favorite (and only) brother, and the wedding of one of my best friends, and seeing my other best friend get engaged, and missing my sister open her mission call, and seeing my first nephew be born (PSYCH!!! nobody has given me a nephew yet...;) I thought the Lord was 'taking'. Nope. Always always giving. He gave me a much clearer eternal perspective. Eternal families. The importance of a temple marriage.

When I missed some of my favorite movies come out (jajaja..I am so lame) I thought the Lord was taking.  ..jajaja...wrong again. Silly chae chae.
He gave me wisdom. People, children of God, and their salvation is SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than the quest of a couple of attractive dwarves and a Hobbit. (jaja...nerd.)

When hard times came (hard companions, training a new missionary, not being able to speak and understand people) I thought a part of my happiness was being taken away. BUT, He was really actually helping me to rely on Him more; giving me opportunities to grow.

I did not take a year and a half off to serve the Lord...He GAVE me a year and a half to feel more love FROM Him and FOR him. He gave me new friends, more family. He gave me the opportunity to know some of my beloved brothers and sisters from the premortal life.

I understand better now that when the Lord appears to be taking, He is actually always giving. ALWAYS.

I am so eternally grateful for this time the Lord has given me to teach and preach of our Savior, Jesus Christ. There is no one I love and respect more. No one I want to serve more. No one I want to live with more forever and ever.

I know God loves me. I know He loves us SO MUCH. For the which He sent His only Begotten Son, who also loves us so much. I know our Savior suffered and died for our sins, our sorrows, our sicknesses, for everything. I know that ''although our sins be as scarlet, they can be as white as snow.'' I know that Jesus established a church. His true and only church. I know that there was a grand apostasy and that the church and the authority were lost. But I know without a doubt that God loves us and restored the true church and His sacred priesthood authority and all the saving ordinances on the earth once more. I know he appeared to the prophet Jose Smith. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints is the true and living church upon the earth, and it is led by living prophets and apostles. I now that families can be together forever through Heavenly Father's plan. I love to see the temple and I know it's the house of God.
I love this gospel. I know it's true will all my heart, might, mind and strength. I want to show my love for my Father and Savior forever. I want to be obedient. I love God. I know He lives. I love my Savior. I know that my Redeemer lives.
I love hymn #112 "Savior, Redeemer of my Soul"
1. Savior, Redeemer of my soul, Whose mighty  and hath made me whole,
Whose wondrous pow'r hath raised me up And filled with sweet my bitter cup!
What tongue my gratitude can tell, O gracious God of Israel.
2. Never can I repay thee, Lord, But I can love thee. Thy pure word,
Hath it not been my one delight, My joy by day, my dream by night?
Then let my lips proclaim it still, And all my life reflect thy will.
3. O'errule mine acts to serve thine ends. Change frowning foes to smiling friends.
Chasten my soul till I shall be In perfect harmony with thee.
Make me more worthy of thy love, And fit me for the life above.

I love you all so much. I look forward to seeing you all soon!
Do what is right, keep the commandments, and love God!!

Love forever and ever,
Hermana Cook
Mission Mexico Ciudad Obregon!

No comments:

Post a Comment