Chevron

Sunday, June 7, 2015

2015-6-1 "How great shall be your joy if you shall save but one soul...

The Payson Utah Temple is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! I want to go on a temple tour when I get home!!! Love it!!!!
http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/payson/video/

Hello  hello hello!!! 

Good things. Maria Antonia. Wow. She makes me want to keep being a missionary forever!!!!!!!
She really is sent from God!!!  At the end of a lesson, we were talking about how she felt about the church and the Book of Mormon and her baptism etc, and she was SO SWEET!!! She asked me how I felt to have helped a family with TONS of problems feel like a family. She said before she felt like they were just people living together, and now she really really feels like she has a family. SO SWEET!! And then she practically quoted DyC 18:
15"And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!"
 16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!

She was like ''wow...how great you must feel to have saved me and my family. And how great you must feel with all the people you have helped.'' I was like...wow...she has the spirit!!!!!! (I'm not trying to boast or sound proud...I just am really really really really happy and feel really blessed!!!)
Alma 26:
2 And now, I ask, what great blessings has he bestowed upon us? Can ye tell?
3 Behold, I answer for you; for our brethren, the Lamanites, were in darkness, yea, even in the darkest abyss, but behold, how many of them are brought to behold the marvelous light of God! And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been made instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work.
11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.


And of equal cuteness...her son Aron...8 aƱos...we taught him about the restoration etc, and when we came back, he had read the pamphlet and had started reading the Book of Mormon!! And he was even underlining things he liked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUPER AWESOME!!!! I love love love love love love this family!!!! So so so so blessed with the success God is giving me right now. I feel soooo imperfect. Thanks for always praying for me. You guys are the best best best!!!

Um...weather report. IT'S SUPER HOT HERE IN OBREGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My skin is on fire. For reals. Even showering with cold water doesn't put it out. But it's fine. I remember how much I don't like snow and cold and being miserable. So then I’m good again. jajaja. It's all about perspective.

Also, yesterday, our Maria de Jesus y Pablo came to church!! They are SUPER awesome. They also have had TONS of problems...but the gospel is helping them SO MUCH!! This is the second time they have come to church. Almost the third. Last week, they actually came to church..but since they were 30 minutes late...Pablo didn't want to walk in..so the left. RAYOS!! But it's fine. At least they came again :) They have accepted a fecha bautismal..and so we are praying praying praying praying praying that they can get their answers and quit drinking coffee.

So sad to hear about Elder Perry passing away. He was one of my favorites!! But I know the Lord has His plan. Now I’m just praying they won't take my mission pres :) jaja...but really. He's the coolest.

Love you all so much!!!
Keeping being faithful members of the church!! And keep reading the scriptures and applying them!!

Love you all!! XxooxxXOXoXOxxOOO (big kiss big kiss..little hug little hug...etc) jajajaja

Love,
Hermana Cook


No comments:

Post a Comment