Chevron

Friday, March 28, 2014

2014-3-25 "It is better to prepare and prevent, than to repair and repent"

Where to begin??
I would start at the beginning...but there is no beginning. Wow. So much.
Highlights perhaps??

Ok...first off...I LOVE my area. My district, the members, my companion. Casi todo...except for the misqutoes. I thought they were bad in Obregon. False. Way worse here. I got 15 bites in 1 hour. WITH bug spray. No bueno. If I die, it won't be because of drug lords or heat exhaustion...it'll be from the bugs. Not even kidding. 

Anywho...yeah. Love this area. The members here give us referrals without even having to ask. They just give them. It's so fantastic. OH, and one of the girls in the Young Womens volunteers to come with us to lessons. She actually wants to come!!!

Ok...so most of this last week consisted of cleaning our house. The elders have been living there since like...forever. One elder's notebook we found was from 2008..but yeah. Disgusting! So nasty. Probably hadn't been cleaned once. And my companion, bless her heart, is OCD and long story short...we cleaned the house for 3 days. No joke. Mommy...I will NEVER complain about cleaning our house again. Ever. One night we stayed up until 3am. 3AM!!! Cleaning. Everything. E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.Yup...but it's very very very very very very very very very very very clean now. Very! 

But on one of the many bright sides of all this, I had much time to think and ponder about stuff. One thing I thought of while cleaning the house was if the elders had just done the little things, it would not have been a 3 day project. Alma 37:6-7. "that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass;" 

And then I thought of a quote I have in my scriptures in Alma 59: And now as Moroni had supposed that there ashould be men sent to the city of Nephihah, to the assistance of the people to maintain that city, and knowing that it was easier to keep the city from falling into the hands of the Lamanites than to retake it from them, he supposed that they would easily maintain that city.

"It is better to prepare and prevent, than to repair and repent". No recuerdo who said that...but yeah. It's very true. When we do the little things every day, we won't have to worry about trying to repair and repent. It's doable. I know it's doable. It's possible to make a life full of mistakes and wrong doings better again. It's possible to be clean again. But it's not as easy as it would have been if I had been doing the little things daily. Reading, pondering, applying, praying, serving, writing in my journal and remembering, etc. Repentance is possible. But living the gospel is much easier. 
So...do it :)
But remember that we are not perfect and make mistakes. Just do the best you can. The BEST YOU can. I'm an imperfect teacher. I'm not perfect at what I'm teaching...but I do know that it's true and I am trying MY BEST to live it. 

Anywho...
There's my two cents for the week. 

Love ya'll so much. 
MUCHO MUCHO MUCH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment