Chevron

Thursday, April 10, 2014

2014-3-31 If you KNOW it...DO it! Knowledge is only as good as what you do with it.

Another hot hot hot hot week in Guasave. And it´s not even summer. ha ha hahahawwwaaaahhhhhh.
Esta bien. I can do anything good. lol

So just a small small recap of my week.
My area is huge and we do a lot of walking. But we´ve been so blessed. 3 times this week when we were walking in the horrid heat, some members of our ward gave us rides. SUCH a huge blessing. Probably saved us an hour of walking each time. Love love love them!

I´ve been trying to memorize DyC 4 in Espanol because we recite it all the time...but Spanish plus memorizing is no bueno. But my dear companion was so great and helped me with it! We spent probably an hour working on it together. Another blessing.

Oh, and not only that, she helped me memorize the ¨15 20¨ minute lesson for The restoration so that I can know what to say when we contact people. 2 hours we spent and it was so great. So helpful. So blessed I am ;)

But...I´ve been thinking...
Now that I KNOW these things...I need to DO them now. It´s something that I´ve been thinking a lot about lately. Knowledge is only as good as what you do with it.
I love a scripture in Mosiah 4 vs. 10 ¨...if ye believe these things see that ye do them." And by that scripture I have a quote by Elder Marvin J. Ashton that says ¨"Pure religion is learning the gospel... and then putting it into action. Nothing will ever be of real benefit to us until it is incorporated into our lives."
So true. So so so so true.  You can be the best soccer player in the world, but if you don´t play the game you´ll never win. Yup. I know that´s true. So now that I know...I need to DO!! (easier said than done, but very possible)
Do and become. If you know it. Do it. Yup.

Love you all so much!!  Tenga buen semana...y siempre!
Hermana Cook

O.K....don’t have much time. Intercambios (exchanges) today because my companion is a sister training leader and has to go up  to Obregon. (which is actually terrifying for me because I´m going to be companion with a girl that has been here for 2 weeks, doesn´t speak any English, doesn't´t know the area or the people...And I have been here two weeks!  2 days. oh pray for my stressed out soul...)

oh one more thing...would you send me a small synopsis of what was said in the women conference. I didn´t understand nada...except for the spirit. but I´d love to know what they actually said.

muchos gracias.
love hna.cook

No comments:

Post a Comment