Chevron

Friday, March 28, 2014

2014-3-3 “See that all these things are done in wisdom and in order...” Mosiah 4:27

1 month in Mexico!! Crazy. Anywho..this week went by so fast. So fast. It’s hard to believe this transfer is almost over! Hna. Bledsaw is going to be leaving us because she is going to be training. That is so crazy and scary. She only got here two transfer before I did. There is no way that I can train after next transfer!! I don’t think the President would do that...but yeah. Let’s pray for that NOT to happen. haha

So first off...I decided that fast Sundays are my favorite days. Yesterday was so amazing. I LOVED testimony meeting. All the testimonies were soooooooooooo sweet and sincere. They were all pure testimonies. The "I knows" or here "yo se que." So beautiful. I felt the spirit so strong. I love these people. They are so great. They definitely know how to bring the Spirit.

This week was fun. I was sick (and still am) all week. I have a nasty cough and a stuffy  nose...and it ain't going away. All the things I don't love here love me. Sickness, mosquitoes, dirt, etc. haha. Opposition in all things, right?

This week with Carlos was pretty good. We taught him 3 times this week. He is soooo good at doing all the readings and coming prepared with questions...but it’s just not clicking for him yet. He doesn’t feel like he is getting answers. We’ve explained and given examples of how the Spirit talks to people..but he says he’s getting nada. We watched the Joseph Smith movie with him on Saturday. LOVE THAT MOVIE!! LOVE THAT MAN EVEN MORE!!! So amazing. I felt the Spirit so strong, and I think he did too. When we were bearing our testimonies of him, he was getting teary eyed. Hna. Lima told me to ask him to be baptized again...but he declined once again. No pressure. Next day was Sunday and sadly...he didn’t show. That was kind of a let down...but we have an appointment with him tonight..so hopefully we can figure out what’s up with him and maybe some more of his doubts. I just love Carlos so much!! I want this for him so much!!! But we all have that amazing gift of agency. Bless his heart.

Que mas...Oh, last Monday, since we moved, we don’t have a washer machine...so we (hna. Bledsaw and I) got to do our laundry by hand for the first time!! With one of those cool rock structure things that people have....idk what they’re called...but it was exciting. Hna. Lima was so shocked that we didn’t have one. "Rico" haha.

Oh...reality check. So once upon a time my companion was frustrated with me a lot because I wasn’t saying a lot in lessons, which I totally understand where she’s coming from. Long story short, we were practicing one morning and she decided to do the practice in English (she speaks English really really well). So we did. After the practice she informed me that my Spanish was not the problema when it comes to teaching. "You can't even teach in English."
"Ow..oooowww...OUCH CHARLY!!"hahaha..but really...that hurt.
But the guilty taketh the truth to be hard. And I am guilty. Teaching is definitely not something that is coming naturally to me. But that's where being humble and relying on the Lord comes in. Ether 12:27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them theiraweakness. I bgive unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my cgrace is sufficient for all men that dhumble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make eweak things become strong unto them. Now that I know my weakness, I can build and learn from that. But also, Mosiah 4:27 helped me a lot.
And see that all these things are done in wisdom and in order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order.”
I know that every scripture is true. I really need to do what I want my investigators to do and APPLY it.
Be diligent. Be diligent, that thereby I might win the prize.

Also, I just want to say thank you for all your prayers and thoughts!!! There have definitely been some times where I’m feeling down, and I get the thought "people are praying for you. Be happy." Daily I have that thought. And daily (and in every moment really) I try and be happy.

So thank you thank you thank you!!!Your faith inspires me.
 Love you all!!

Love,
Hna.Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment