Chevron

Friday, March 28, 2014

2014-3-12 DyC 123:17...Cheerfully do all things that lie in your power...then shall ye see the hand of God.

Sorry for not emailing on Monday.
I got to go to Guaymas on Monday for Visa stuff. It was a fun little field trip and I got to see my favorite peeps!! Hna.Andelin and Hna.Skeen!! It was so great to be able to spend the day with them. Such a blessing. Also, one of the Elders that went with us had an amazing conversion story. He was born in the Lutheran church and went every so often. But when he was 10 he felt that something was missing. 10!! a tiny little 10 year old felt that something was missing from his life. So then he started religion shopping. He found the LDS church and loved it. He knew it was true. He wasn’t able to be baptized though until he was 18 because his madre didn’t like the church. Anywho, I’m glad he told me that story. It really gives me hope and reminds me that God does prepare people. He loves his children and His children love him too. I just want to go and find them!!!

Ok, miracles of the week.
One miracle came from an inconvenience.
From Friday night to Sunday night, all of Obregon didn’t have water. Nada. Nadie.
Talk about nasty and stinky and gross. Yeah...we don’t have to go into details...but it was not pretty.
Anywho, on Saturday, we were out walking and both of my companions had an impression to go and visit a lady in our ward, Hna.Montoya. We went over there and talked with her for a bit. She then asked us about our water situation. We told her we had none. She then told us she had TONS of water she had saved up and stored and told us we could come the next morning and take a "shower."  So the next morning we come and she had made us breakfast, heated up the water on her stove, put the water in buckets for us to bathe with etc. SUCH a TENDER MERCY!! Because she was prepared, she was able to bless our lives. I know that is a true principle. We can’t help others with things we don’t have ourselves. Since she was prepared, we were blessed. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE HER!!!

Otro...
Saturday we had a baptism. For 2 cute little ninos. Angel and Angelic. (pictures will come next week).
Funny story, I actually didn’t even know they hadn’t been baptized. They’re at church every week with their mom. Super cute. Angel is 11 and Angelic is 9. They were counted as our baptisms because they weren’t baptized at 8...or something like that. Since I still don’t completely understand Spanish...I don’t totally understand what went down...but we planned it and all that fun jazz.
Anyway it was a good experience. They both have very strong testimonies. And they cute little girl Angelic, is SO sweet to me. She is always giving me hugs and giving me flowers and such. So sweet. I got to speak about baptism at they baptism and when I asked her what she was covenanting to do, she said be a missionary like me someday. SOOOO CUTE. I want one.So yeah. Good times.

Anywho...some last minute thoughts. 
Through others wisdom and my own studying, this week I’ve really been trying to focus on DyC 123:17...Cheerfully do all things that lie in your power...then shall ye see the hand of God. 
I really really really try to apply that every day. I can’t do a lot of things right now, and when I don’t feel like I’m helping, I get frustrated with myself and everything just is no bueno. But that’s not right. I need to be happy with the things I can do. When I am constantly having a negative opinion of myself, I miss a lot of the good things that are happening around me. I miss a lot of the blessings.

Entonces...D&C 123:17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us acheerfully bdo all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the csalvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.

Thank you all so much for everything!! I love you and your examples!! Like for seriously. Thanks and keep up the good work!!

Love,
Hna.Cook

P.S. BIG thank you to Sis. Mitchell!!!! It is such a blessing to have people that are so caring and giving to one that does not deserve it. I have a strong testimony of Mosiah 2:17...when we are in the service of our fellow beings, we are only in the service of our God. Thank you so much for your love and service to God.


love love love love love
hna.cook

No comments:

Post a Comment