Chevron

Monday, April 6, 2015

2015-3-30 A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step...so make the step!


So....I have been full circle.
I made my way back to Obregon!! The city of my mission :)  I've been so blessed to have been in almost all the major cities of my mission!! Obregon, Guasave, Mochis and Navojoa!!! I only missed out on Guamochil and El Fuerte! Most of my comps have only been in Mochis and Obregon...so I feel pretty blessed :)

But...with that being sad, I was SO sad to leave my dear Aeropuerto!  I had a feeling I was going to change...but it was still hard. But I felt blessed to be able to say goodbye to my dearest members and investigadores!! I can't believe how fast that 6 months went!!

So I don't have a lot of time...but I was thinking about something that happened yesterday.
Presidente Munive sent a text message to me and my comp to ask about our investigadores and other things...and because it was a little bit longer of a message, some of the message didn't come at the same time. We received the end of the message before the first part. The end of the message said something along the lines of ''The Lord will come next Sunday.'' My comp and I were chuckling about how our President is so so great that he knows when the second coming is. When the complete message came it said that the Easter of the lord would come next Sunday...that made a lot more sense.

BUT..... my comp and I started to think about that. What if were did know when the 2nd coming was going to come. Would we live a little bit differently if we knew that Jesus would be coming this Sunday? Would we maybe make time to read our scriptures a little bit more?  Take time to having morning and evening prayers as a family? Repent of old habits? Maybe show a little bit more love to our family? Do our visiting teaching to warn our brothers and sisters!?! What would we do differently if we knew the Savior would be coming THIS SUNDAY!!!

Well...Alma had the same idea...or...we had the same idea as Alma.. :)
Alma 5: 26 “And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?
 27 Have ye walked, keeping yourselves blameless before God? Could ye say, if ye were called to die at this time, within yourselves, that ye have been sufficiently humble? That your garments have been cleansed and made white through the blood of Christ, who will come to redeem his people from their sins?
 28 Behold, are ye stripped of pride? I say unto you, if ye are not ye are not prepared to meet God. Behold ye must prepare quickly; for the kingdom of heaven is soon at hand, and such an one hath not eternal life.”

Well maybe we don't know when Jesus will come again, but we should live EVERY DAY like it were our last day of preparation.

I know that I have a lot of work to do!!! Lots and lots.
But a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step :) 
So choose ye this day to make the step!!

I love you all so much!!!! Keep  being strong and using the Atonement!!

Love,

Hermana Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment