Chevron

Monday, March 23, 2015

2015-3-9 Keeping Commandments = BLESSINGS!!!!!!!!!!!


Hola hola!!!
This week was soooooooooooooooo slow all week...but then BAM. It ended and now we just started a new one!!!
My compy and I are in week 4 of the transfer and I have no idea how!! I decided I really want to finish my mission here :) This ward is the best best best and I love my companion, love my investigators, and I love being here. haahah...Let's see what President says :)
Bowling with Hermana Munive (mission president's wife)

So this week...
We went to Obregon for the consejo...and...when we got there President called with a super sweet surprise!!! Pres. Monson would be coming to visit us!!!!!!!!!  Not.  But....we were going...BOWLING!!! So that was fun. I didn't win...but my compy and I did beat the zone leaders...so all is well in Zion ;) jajaja

Isela didn't come to church because her uncle died...so we will be talking about family history this week and what she can do to help him :)
1 Cor. 15: 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?  The sting of death  is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
The loss of a loved one is always hard, but it need not be something tragic. Only for those that die in their sins....so repent :) And get baptized :) And keep the commandments forever :) And for us that have been baptized....GO TO THE TEMPLE AND DO THE WORK FOR THE DEAD!!!! It is also  part of the work of salvation :) So go and do :)

This week we had great success with Olivia y Margarita. Olivia is the grandpa of Margarita (8 years). They live very simply but are so great! Margarita's parents...well...are not living like they should be, and so Olivia had Margarita come stay with her so that she is not messed up when she grows up. And Margarita is a DOLL!!!! Sooooo cute!!! She was SOOOO excited to come to church and wants to be baptized because she never was baptized :) Olivia and her husband (both of 65ish years) are a little bit slow in their learning...but they are soooo sweet!! As we were explaining something to them...very simply...again...Heriberto told us that he was so grateful that we were there and were really trying to help them understand. I have sooo much love for this cute little family. I want to see them baptized soooo bad!!!  Olivia and Margarita came to church on Sunday and they both loved it!! Olivia told us that she wants all her kids and family to come and have them all get baptized. It was the coolest thing ever! LOVE THEM!!

We also had a really great lesson with Asucena and her 2 kids about the Sabbath day...but they didn't come. I'm really sad about that one...but we're going to give it one more week...again. I just can't say goodbye to this family!! They are trying so hard and we have already seen a difference in their lives with the short time we've been teaching them!

Um....what else happened?!?! Lots of walking and LOTS of mosquito bites. I don't think there is ever a moment when I don't feel like scratching off my legs...but helps me remember that I have legs and I am grateful for that :)

General Conference is getting closer and closer and I am getting SO EXCITED!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE conference :)
Well...I got to go but I love you all so much!!!! Keep going to the temple to help others and keep going to church to renew your covenants!!! Commandments = BLESSINGS!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

Love, Hna.Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment