Chevron

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The End and the Beginning

Well my end of my non-missionary life has come (for 18 months). The beginning of my full-time missionary life is about to begin!
I am excited, nervous, happy, anxious, grateful, more nervous, and SO EXCITED!!!
I have so many doubts and concerns. 
How am I ever going to learn Spanish? What if I can't remember simple basic gospel answers? What if my companions don't like me? Do I even have what it takes to be a missionary? How can I ever measure up to the many friends and family members that have left before me? What if I disappoint them?

But as all of these thoughts could my mind, I have a voice in the back of my mind that reminds me of the words of President Uchtdorf. "...doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith.  We must never allow doubt to hold us prisoner and keep us from the divine love, peace, and gifts that come through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ."

And that's what i'm trying to do. Doubt what Satan is trying to get me to believe. Doubt that I'm not good enough to be a missionary. Doubt that my faith isn't good enough.
Have faith that God will bless me. Faith that, although it will be hard, God will expand my abilities and capabilities. Have faith in myself. Faith that God loves me and he is proud of my decision to serve him. Faith that "all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good...therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever "(D&C 122: 7, 9).

I have nothing to fear when the Lord is on my side. I have nothing to fear when I am on the Lord's side.
Isaiah 12:2 “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.”

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church of God. 
Joseph Smith was a true prophet and he restored the fullness of the Gospel with direction for Jesus Christ.
The Book of Mormon is the word of God. It was translated correctly. It is another testament of Jesus Christ. 
Our prophet today is Thomas Spencer Monson. I love him and I know he is called of God.
Our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ, love all of us. They love us no matter what we do, or what we don't do. The Savior's Atonement is for all. It's power is real. We just need to have faith. 
I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve for 18 months. I love this gospel. I love my Savior and I know that he loves me. 

Keep the faith, choose the right, and endure to the end.
I'll see you in 18 months!!

-(Hermana) Chaelyne Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment