Chevron

Friday, January 17, 2014

"Wait Upon the Lord"
So today is crazy. I have like no time. My companion was sick today, so we've been taking turns getting our stuff done....anyway I just don't have lots of time...

Um....this week was hard. I feel like sometimes I am regressing in Spanish. There are so many things I want to do and just don't have time....blah blah blah. I don't want to make this a complaining letter. So I'll just talk about the good stuff :)

Last Sunday was so blessed!!! The Lord let me know he was thinking of me during The Mormon Tab “Music and the Spoken Word”.  They played 2 of my  favorite songs of all time!!! Gabriel's Oboe and Homeward Bound. When they were singing Homeward Bound, I almost started crying. That is like the best song ever and I so needed to hear it. I miss you all so much and yeah...Heavenly Father let me know He was thinking of me through that song. I may not have the gift of tongues yet..., but he is aware of me. I am so grateful for that!

Sunday night devotional. AMAZING!!!! It was Richard L Heaton....He's the director of like all the MTCs...or something like that. He's super in-charge somehow. Anyway...I cannot do his message justice...but he just talked about how we as missionaries are NOT saving people. We are HASTENING the work. We are helping Heavenly Father. Nothing more. If we have ANY success, it is because of God. He is preparing his people. This is His work. We are just helpers. He then had people that had just joined the church in the last 2 years stand up, picked 2 of them to come up, and then 2 people that had been reactivated in the last 2 years. He picked my dear Hermana Skeen. All of their stories were SO amazing. And he pointed out how in each story, the people had been prepared waaaaaaaaaay before the missionaries ever helped, or in some cases weren't even involved. God is in charge. He loves all His children and we are just here to help Him get them back. "You don't have one [a home]. But I will help you get it back if I can." --the Hobbit...I don't have time to write EmmaLee a personal email...so that quote is for her ;)

Tuesday night devotional. Guess who came?!??!
ELDER BEDNAR!!!! AGAIN!!!!! Amazing! He did another Q&A with the questions asked last time. One of the questions was “why do good things happen to good people?” He brought up many good things, one of which was my theme for my mission so far D&C 122:7 “...all things shall give thee expereince...,”  but he also talked about President Kimball before he was prophet. He had throat cancer. Why would the Lord give him throat cancer or not heal him of it if he was going to be a prophet? He told of how before he was the prophet he had just had throat surgery and how he went to a stake conference or something with Elder/Pres...Harold B Lee....no se...but how he made him talk during each session and all he could do was croak. He could hardly say any words. He felt humiliated each time he sat down. He felt like he was failing at his sacred calling. But each time he was able to say more. Still tons of croaking, but he could say more. Anyway...that experience helped make him how and who he was. I felt like I could relate to him in a small way. 

Last thing that was good. Elder Bednar gave us a blessing saying that we would learn how to 'wait upon the Lord'. I loved and hated that he said that. I felt like he was talking right to me. I feel like I already have been waiting on the Lord!!!! But I guess I will learn even more patience. Good thing my theme is "all things shall give the experience and be for thy good." I think something in my future is going to be hard and this is just preparing me. I guess we'll see what Heavenly Father has in store :)
 Isaiah 40:31 But they that await upon the Lord shall brenew their cstrength; they shall mount up with wings as deagles; they shall erun, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Love you all so much!!! I can't tell you enough how much it means to me! I wish I had the time to write you all personally!! But just know I love all ya'll!!!!

Until next week (hopefully)

Love,
Hermana Cook

P.S. So what I need is to THANK YOU!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! That package you sent on Wednesday was the greatest thing ever. Everyone loved the brownies. 2 of the elders were way excited about Elder Callister’s CES fireside talk too ;) All the girls LOVED it. Could you send one more por favor?  I gave one to each person...there are 8 of us in my district, including me. So just one talk short. And yeah. Everything was so great. LOVED the Articles of Faith in Spanish!!! and the Plan of Salvation. LOVE LOVE LOVE TIMMY!!!! So funny, when I saw the pics I was like "my boyfriend!!!" and then the elders were like "your boyfriend sent you a package..lucky" and then I showed them how cute he was. They all was jealous;) But yeah.  Beccas pic of the tiger was super legit and Hanna’s letter was great. I do believe she promised to write me once a week... ;) oh and all the Hermanas said THANK YOU and how amazing you were for typing up that devotional!!! They were all going to write you thank you notes but since the craziness today....we didn't have much time. So...yeah. You are the most amazing ever. EVER!!!
 oh...and could you send me one of those book mark thingys with all the scripture mastery's on them...Just a quick little guide before I have them memorized ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment